Specialist, Execution Deli/HMR, Operations Job in Calgary, AB at Sobeys
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Operations
Travel Requirements: 30 – 40%
Part Time or Full Time: Full Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Alberta (CA-AB)
Location: Calgary Office
Postal Code: T2E 7V8
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have two full-time opportunities for Specialist, Execution Deli/HMR, Alberta Retail Operations. One position will be based out of Calgary and one position based out of Edmonton.
Based on priorities plan define by DES, drive performance to meet targets
- Articulate key performance indicators (KPIs) to store and department management
- Assist in the creation of actions plans and budgets; problem solve with store and department management
- Field questions from department store management on sales techniques and cost controls
- Provide observations and feedback on quality of store/department leadership
Collaborate with Store Management on priorities and industry leading department standards
- In collaboration with MRO’s communicate department priorities and best practices regularly to Retail Management and Operations
- Continually assess effectiveness of standards and provide feedback for improvement
Manage functional and technical training for Retail managers
- Coordinate training logistics and lead sessions on a regular basis with Business Coordinator
- Be a resource for department /store managers on specialized area of expertise
- Implement curriculum and content created by Operations Standards and Planning
- Engage with L&D to provide upgrades to training
- Assess quality of training content and delivery and address opportunities for improvement
Drive employee engagement and customer experience in department programs
- Consider and incorporate employee engagement behaviours and customer experience attributes into department materials and communication
Monitor execution results within department and division of responsibility
- Review compliance results including Integrated Health Management and Food Safety results
- An Undergraduate Degree and 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience leading Store Department Deli/HMR
- Experience working with corporate and franchise store network
- Financial planning and analysis
- Taking action based on data
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop Dept Managers
- Deep knowledge of retail operations processes
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.
About the Company
Company Location: Calgary, AB