SOUS CHEF Jobs in Detroit – Michigan – USA at Rusty Bucket
Title: SOUS CHEF
Company: Rusty Bucket
Location: Detroit – Michigan – USA
Category: Hospitality/Catering, Restaurant/Food Service
Position: SOUS CHEF- DETROIT
Location: Bingham Farms
Summary: It is the responsibility of a Sous Chef to ensure that the kitchen provides nutritious, safe, eye appealing and properly flavored food. Maintain a safe and sanitary work environment for all associates. Other duties include menu planning, preparation of budgets, maintenance of payroll, food costs and other records. Specific duties involve food preparation include the establishment of quality standards, training associates in cooking in methods, presentations, techniques, portion control and retention of nutrients.
Essential Responsibilities: include the following and other responsibilities that may be assigned:
1. Adheres to standards of professional appearance, personal cleanliness, and proper uniform. Displays confidence and a friendly disposition at all times.
2. Maintains, supports, and promotes CMR Culture and philosophies.
3. Understand and protect the financial assets of the company at all times.
4. Control cost and maximize revenue
5. Communicate in a timely and professional manner with the five major groups CMR does business with.
6. Understand and be in compliance with all policies, procedures and laws related to employment, food handling, sanitation, and alcohol service within a restaurant.
7. Establishes quality standards for menu items and for food production.
8. Assist in controlling all costs pertaining to the kitchen.
9. Maintain sanitation of restaurant to exceed Health Department standards.
10. Maintains proper security of all restaurant personnel and guest property.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises all Heart of House (HOH) associates and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, and individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
1. Hospitality: Manages difficult or emotional guest situations; Responds promptly to guest needs; Solicits guest feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments
2. Teamwork: Hospitality, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, puts success of team above own interests, supports everyone’s efforts to succeed, exhibits objectivity and openness to others views
3. Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
4. Technical Skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Participates in training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skill; Shares expertise with others
5. Communications: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings; Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information
6. Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropri…