Server Job in Victoria, BC at Compass Group –
Location: Victoria General Hospital Patient Food Services
Schedule: FT or PT, Various Shifts 7am – 7pm, 7am – 3pm, or 3pm – 7pm
Wage: $17.10/hr -$18.45
Requirements: Valid Food Safe Level 1 Certificate or willing to complete prior to start date, previous food service experience an asset
Need to Know: Meal Voucher Program – cost savings towards food purchased at our on-site retailers.
Prepares, presents and serves meals, ensuring the quality of the food and overall presentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform prep work such as washing, peeling, cutting and seeding fruits and vegetables.
- Carry pans, kettles and trays of food to and from work stations, stove and refrigerator in accordance with safety standards.
- Store food in designated areas following wrapping, dating, food safety and rotation procedures.
- Set up items for purchase on daily basis.
- Perform general cleaning duties; remove trash and garbage to designated areas.
- Distribute supplies, utensils and portable equipment.
- Utilize approved food recipes and production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control. Notify cooks if food temperatures are not within acceptable limits.
- Serve customers in a friendly, efficient manner following outlined steps of service.
- Resolve customer concerns and relays relevant information to supervisor.
- Assure compliance with all sanitation and safety requirements.
- Provide service in all retail areas, including cashiering and line serving.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Food Service Workers? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
- FoodSafe Level 1 Certification.
- Familiar with the use of a cash register is an asset.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to be able to manage heavy workload.
- Ability to work both independently and in team setting as required.
- Good command of English language, both verbal and written and ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Previous food service experience in healthcare, hotel, restaurant or fast food is considered an asset.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.10-$18.45 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Are you currently eligible to legally work in Canada without a sponsorship?
- If I am offered a position, I understand, acknowledge, and agree to participate in pre-employment screening, which may include drug and alcohol testing, criminal background check and references
- Do you have FoodSafe Certification? If so, which level? Level 1 or Level 2? Is it valid?
About the Company
Company: Compass Group –
Company Location: Victoria, BC