Restaurant General Manager Job in Victoria, BC at Hermann’s –
Thousands of people participate in Hermann’s annually. A 150 seat venue (currently 75). Hermann’s hosts upwards of 400 live performances each year; evening shows and weekend matinees. In addition the room is used in the day for organizations like UJAM for teaching/mentorship of youth, and early evening for high school and community big band performances. Hermann’s has an extensive communication strategy using a number of social media programs as well as a website and regular newsletters (4000 subscribers) to inform community members of planned shows and upcoming events. An all-ages venue, Hermanns is also well situated on a main floor, less than half a block from a city parkade, aiding those with mobility issues to participate in the room and stage. The Arts on View Society was incorporated in December 2016 for the purpose of preserving Hermann’s Jazz Club and continuing to enhance the public’s appreciation of jazz music through the live music performed at the Club. As the longest continuous running jazz club in Canada, Hermann’s
Jazz has been at the forefront for the past 40 years of providing the opportunity for local and visiting musicians to showcase their talents and hone their skills.
Hermanns Jazz Club / Arts On View is expanding and looking for an exceptional leader to join our team. Someone who thrives on personalized service, who can readily adapt to the variability that running a full-time venue presents. A “The Show Must Go On!” attitude, with great people skills.
Responsibilities can include:
- Organize operations and coordinate for efficiency (costing and labor)
- Hire, supervise and evaluate FOH staff and volunteers
- Comfortable undertaking any and all roles within the facility (bottom up leadership)
- Ensure supplies and equipment are adequate in quantity and quality
- Manage an effective system for customer feedback and outgoing communications
- Enforce adherence to regulations, safety and quality standards
- Sales projections, analyses, and estimates.
- Assume responsibility of budgeting and monitoring expenses
- Ensure all records are kept properly and consistently
- Review and prepare reports for senior management
A team environment, this position will coordinate with and be supported by the Kitchen Manager, Communications Manager, Booking Manager, Executive Director and Accountant-bookkeeper.
Cost Accounting, Developing Budgets, Financial Planning and Strategy, Decision Making, Process Improvement, Strategic Planning, Verbal Communication, Customer Focus, Management Proficiency, Managing Profitability, Quality Focus
Flexible hours to suit candidate and venue.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,433.00-$85,634.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
About the Company
Company: Hermann’s –
Company Location: Victoria, BC