Reservation and Group Housing Coordinator Job in Victoria, BC at MARRIOTT VICTORIA INNER HARBOUR –
The Victoria Marriott Inner Harbor Hotel is a full service, four diamond property overlooking Victoria’s historic and charming downtown, located just steps from world class attractions, venue and dining. Boasting 236 elegantly appointed guest rooms and suites coupled with 5,000 square feet of functional meeting space, the Victoria Marriott is consistently ranked one of the highest performing full-service Marriott Hotels in Canada for overall guest satisfaction.
This position involves a variety of duties which include but are not limited to:
· Maintain accurate MARSHA, PMS and CI/TY records for all transient, group, and in-house bookings.
· Enter, maintain, and manage group blocks and rooming lists in MARSHA, reaching out to clients directly within the sales process to manage information and updates as required.
· Process all reservation requests received via fax, email, request form or telephone in a timely fashion
· Must possess excellent time management skills and multi-tasking capabilities
· Maintain CTAC records for group & transient commissions
· Data Entry (IE: STR global reporting, Citrix and various industry reports)
· Maintain most up to date information on Marriott.com
· Prepares & distributes reservation or revenue related reports as required
· Maintain a high level of customer service and professionalism
· Establish and maintain excellent rapport and open communication with hotel departments
· Works closely with Director Of Sales and Sales team on projects and other duties as required
· Prioritizes room assignments based on VIP’s and groups.
· Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, respond appropriately to concerns of other employees.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the Front Office/Sales/Events Process an asset
- Must have excellent communication and guest service skills
- Must be detail-oriented and possess excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of MARSHA, PMS and CI/TY systems preferred
- Strong working knowledge of all Microsoft office programs, particularly Excel.
- Knowledge of Revenue Management concepts, tactics, and processes an asset
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a multi-tasking, deadline-oriented environment
- Must be able to work flexible hours, holidays and weekends when required
- Post-secondary education in hospitality or a related field a definite asset
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.50 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Customer Service: 1 year (preferred)
About the Company
Company: MARRIOTT VICTORIA INNER HARBOUR –
Company Location: Victoria, BC