Maintenance Associate Job in Victoria, BC at MARRIOTT VICTORIA INNER HARBOUR –
The Marriott Victoria Inner Harbour Hotel is a full service, four diamond property overlooking Victoria’s historic and charming downtown, located just steps from world class attractions, venues and dining. Boasting 236 elegantly appointed rooms and suites coupled with 5,000 square feet of functional meeting space, we are consistently ranked high for overall guest satisfaction. Currently undergoing a transformation through renovation the Marriott Victoria features a redesigned M Club and Restaurant with soon to be renovated guest rooms and meeting space.
We are currently recruiting for the position of Full Time Maintenance Associate. This position involves a variety of duties including but not limited to:
- Maintenance of the hotel and property including: carpentry, painting, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, dry-walling and vinyl repair.
- General building maintenance for the hotel building including guest rooms, public space, banquets areas and heart of the house space.
- Routine maintenance of pool and hot tub.
- Inspecting and ensuring operation of equipment in all areas of the hotel.
- Responding to guest maintenance requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- 2 years maintenance experience in a similar environment.
- General experience with plumbing, electrical and mechanical issues.
- Competent with hand and power tools; drywall repairs and painting.
- Pool Operators certificate an asset.
- 4th Class Power Engineer Certification preferred (if you do not yet have this we would pay for you to obtain this)
- Excellent communication, organizational and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi task and meet deadlines.
- The ability to seek out and troubleshoot issues that may arise on an as needed basis.
- Comfortable with a variety of computer systems and programs.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends.
- Able to stand and or walk for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift push or pull up to 50 lbs
The Maintenance Team demonstrates a daily commitment to excellence by providing professional and memorable experiences that put people first.
We thank all applicants for their interest but please note only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Pay will be based upon experience and qualifications.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume to humanresources(AT)victoriamarriott.com.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.73-$23.40 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- maintenance: 1 year (preferred)
About the Company
Company: MARRIOTT VICTORIA INNER HARBOUR –
Company Location: Victoria, BC