Kitchen Staff Job in Edmonton, AB at University of Alberta Botanic Garden –
Food Services Kitchen Support Staff
Part-time and Full-time positions are available, ASAP through October 15, 2022 (with the possibility of extension)
Hourly Rate: $16.43 – $21.66
The schedule varies according to season and activities at the Garden; daytime, weekend, and evening work are required. Must be available to work any day of the week, including Saturdays, Sundays, and statutory holidays.
The University of Alberta Botanic Garden is a stunning 97-hectare (240-acre) property 15 minutes southwest of Edmonton. We are an award-winning visitor attraction and the largest botanic garden in Alberta. The Food Services team contributes to exceptional guest experiences in a beautiful, natural setting.
The Garden seeks enthusiastic individuals with a passion for food to join our food services team. Reporting to the Food Services Lead, the Food Services Kitchen Support Staff will be supporting food preparation of daily in-house food offerings such as family-friendly lunches and elevated selections for events including unique dining experiences. This is an excellent opportunity for people interested in a career in hospitality. Job training provided.
Areas of responsibility also include:
- Support food preparation for various dining experiences; patio cafe, twilight picnics and private events
- Demonstrates superior customer service skills
- Ensures general site cleanliness is maintained in the kitchen
- Ensures that all food serving surfaces are kept clean & sanitary and that safe food handling procedures are adhered to
- Advises the Food Services Lead of any unresolved issues with guests or inventory
- Ensures adherence to UofA, Facility and Operations, and Botanic Garden Policies and Procedures
- Works with the Guest Experience Representative III and IV to ensure GERs have the tools and training to provide exceptional guest experiences at the Garden
- Experience/education in hospitality, culinary, or events industries an asset
- Minimum 5 years of experience in food and hospitality, culinary, or events industries an asset
- Knowledge of various dietary restrictions and diverse cultural menu
- Food Safety certification
- High-quality food standards
- Reliable, flexible, responsible, mature, outgoing, personable and tactful
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Proven ability to maintain healthy team relationships
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to take direction & provide direction
- ProServe certified is an asset
- Reliable transportation to the Garden as public transportation is not available
- Flexible schedule required – will involve some nights and weekends
- First aid and CPR are an asset
Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found
We thank all applicants, however, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $16.43-$21.66 per hour
Expected start date: 2022-07-04
About the Company
Company: University of Alberta Botanic Garden –
Company Location: Edmonton, AB