Housekeeping Attendant Job in Albuquerque at Hotel Chaco
At Heritage Hotels & Resorts Inc, we strive to create an environment where the skills and creativity of our employees can flourish and will be recognized and rewarded. More importantly, employees at Heritage know that their work in preserving and advancing the state’s cultural heritage will benefit mankind now and in the future.
Position Purpose: The Housekeeping Attendant will under the direction of the Housekeeping Manager or Housekeeping Supervisor, maintain the quality and cleanliness of the property. The Housekeeping Attendant is an essential support to the Front of House team in creating unforgettable experiences for guests.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Essential Duties and Functions/Responsibilities/Tasks:
- Work under direction of Housekeeping Manager or Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Communicate daily with leadership regarding job assignments and required time-frame.
- Maintain positive and professional approach with team members and guests.
- Follow all safety and health regulations including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) protocol policies.
- When the room is to be cleaned after a guest checks out, a thorough cleanliness of bathroom, room, balconies and room furnishings – top to bottom – mindfully sanitizing all high touch surfaces (light switches, remotes, door handles, etc.)
- Constant awareness of safety hazards, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks, and suspicious persons) and report to Floor Supervisor or the Housekeeping Office.
- Thorough cleanliness and sanitation of guest bathrooms.
- Changing of soiled linens on beds and remaking beds following the property standards and those set forth in the Green Program.
- Clean and supply designated room areas (sterilizing, polishing, dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents, etc).
- The ability to keep corridors clean, neat and free of waste or clutter i.e. trays or dishes in the service area.
- The aptitude to notice and report any loss of damage of linen, furniture, fixtures or equipment.
- Resolve issues for any approaching guests in a professional and timely manner.
- Learn and know the names of chemicals being used, if a guest were to stop them and ask.
- Stock and maintain supply closets.
- Maintains a neat appearance of work cart.
- Carry out deep cleaning tasks and special projects.
- Other duties as assigned consistent with the functions of this position as needed at the property.
- A Passion for perfection and attention to detail.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
- Excellent verbal communication and ability to multitask.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and late nights.
- Ability to work on your feet for eight hours or more.
- Must be able to lift/push/reach for/carry 50+ pounds frequently.
- 6 months to 1 year or equivalent combination of education and experience; housekeeping or hospitality experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience/training.
About the Company
Company: Hotel Chaco
Company Location: Albuquerque
About Hotel Chaco
Hotel Chaco is Albuquerque’s newest luxury hotel, located near the heart of Old Town Albuquerque and the new contemporary Sawmill District. Inspired by Chaco Canyon, a UNESCO World Heritage Archaeological Site, it serves as an homage to Chaco Canyon and the role this site played as a central hub for the ancient pueblo people of these lands.Magical, mystical, mysterious, sacred… these are words used to describe the ancient site of Chaco Canyon, which lies in the cradle of the San Juan Basin, high atop the immense Colorado Plateau. Surrounded by protective mesas, Chaco Canyon’s complex series of buildings represent the epicenter of a culture from long ago. More than 150 roads from divergent points of origin, all culminate at this ancient place.