Hotel Engineer Job in West Palm Beach at The Ben, Autograph Collection
The ideal candidate to apply is an individual passionate about service and driven by growth: Additionally, s/he must enjoy working in a fast-paced, demanding—yet exciting environment. Read on for more details about this exciting opportunity!
- Perform general maintenance tasks throughout the hotel–with a focus in equipment and machinery repair;
- Inform leadership of emergencies, be hyper-aware of all existing departmental Job Safety Analyses, and promote an accident-free culture;
- Continuously look for conditions which may endanger associates or guests of the hotel and to take immediate action to correct any hazardous conditions found;
- Maintain communications with supervisors to ensure that all needed materials, tools, and supplies are available or on order.
- Read, log, track, and interpret readings from meters, gauges, and other measuring units. Maintain a thorough log of each day’s activities and problems that occur and to ensure this information is passed on to other shifts. Clean all engineering areas as directed by Engineering Management.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Engineering Supervisor and/or Chief Engineer/Manager. Reads, learns, understands, and refers to the Standard Operating Procedures.
Needed to be successful in this position
- Ability to monitor operation and maintain chilled water pump, air conditioning equipment, fire system pumps, valves, plumbing, and other mechanical and electrical equipment as well as complete routine maintenance and property inspections.
- Ability to review—and update where necessary—any logs to ensure the proper operation of equipment.
- Ability to make informed decisions in the absence the chief engineer.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS —
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Prior experience preferred. A high school diploma or equivalent required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
At each turn, Concord prides itself on five cornerstones: Quality, Integrity, Community, Profitability and #Fun. The associates of Concord believe in a strong culture with focus on Health and Wellness, Sustainability, and Work/Life Balance:
Our Benefits (Full-time Associates ONLY)
- Competitive Pay;
- Great Benefits including various levels of Medical plans, prescription discounts plus vision/dental;
- 401(k) Retirement Program with company contribution – FREE MONEY!
- Discounted hotel room night program (Concord, & Marriott);
- Group Life Insurance equal to your annual salary;
- Voluntary Short- and Long-Term Disability programs;
- Verizon Wireless discount – save up to 18% off your billing a month with our partnership with Verizon.
Concord Hospitality earned the recognition of Great Place to Work® as well as recent acknowledgement of Great Places to Work for millennials, and for women!
Proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V and maintain a drug-free work environment.
*Management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands.
About the Company
Company: The Ben, Autograph Collection
Company Location: West Palm Beach
About The Ben, Autograph Collection
Offering prime views of the Palm Harbor Marina and Intracoastal Waterway, The Ben, Autograph Collection hotel channels the spirit of one of West Palm Beach’s great homes and interprets it for a modern traveler. Amenities include a stunning rooftop lounge with an expansive swimming pool and bar. Walk to all of the vibrant entertainment just one block from famous Clematis Street, minutes to West Palm’s “Main Street,” and lifestyle hub Rosemary Square. This luxury boutique hotel ideally located in West Palm Beach is just 1.5 miles to Palm Beach Atlantic University. The Ben is a forum for shared experiences and social interactions that enliven and invigorate, spurring patrons to flourish and grow. Guest rooms and suites offer thoughtful amenities for a relaxing stay like mini-bar, 55" Smart HDTV and complimentary WiFi. Grab a book to read from our carefully curated library, stay fit in our extensive fitness center or enjoy the beautiful rooftop pool. Host your event in over 7,800 sq ft of event space.