Front Desk Agent Job in Edmonton, AB at Best Western Plus City Centre Inn –
About Best Western Plus City Centre Inn:
We are an independently owned and operated hotel in central Edmonton. This hotel has been family owned since the business was started. The owners and management expect a high level of commitment and professionalism, as they showcase these attributes themselves.
The hotel offers a great location close to Kingsway Mall, NAIT, Rogers Place, and many other Edmonton attractions. The hotel features two restaurants on site, including a hotel owned and operated restaurant, the Runway 29, as well as a Tim Horton’s next to the lobby. The hotel features a pool, hot tub, and water slide.
Most of the hotel’s guests are from rural Alberta and the Northwest Territories, but guests have come from all over the world. It is important to keep the guest demographic and their needs in mind.
About the position:
The Guest Services team works at the Front Desk in the lobby. You will be the face of the hotel, providing exceptional customer service. You will report directly to the Front Office Manager but are expected to work with all departments in coordinating the best guest experience possible.
Specific tasks include:
- Check Guests in and out using a property management system
- Work with a multi-line switchboard and relay calls
- Make, cancel, and change room reservations
- Guide the guests to their rooms and inform them of available amenities
- Process guest folios and process payments
- Ensure lobby area is kept presentable
- File advanced reservation information
- Fax and email guest reservation information
- Protect private guest information
- Act as a tour guide and provide information for Edmonton and Alberta
- Familiarize yourself with safety information and processes
- Assist other departments when necessary
- Perform other duties as required
Working with the public provides an endless list of experiences and is one of the fascinating parts of working in the hotel and hospitality industry. Your tasks and day-to-day job may vary to cater to the needs of guests.
Skills and Attributes for the position:
- Computer literacy in Word and Excel
- Customer Service or Hotel Experience
- Minor accounting knowledge to balance and process folios
- Knowledge of the immediate area and driving directions throughout the city
- Google suite knowledge such as Gmail and Drive
- Administrative skills such as filing and use of photocopier/fax/scanner
- Great memory and face recognition
- Excellent communication with peers and guests
What is expected of you:
The Best Western Plus City Centre Inn requires professional and personable employees to be the face of the hotel. You must be well groomed and presentable in a customer service environment. This includes laundering your uniform and ensuring you are looking respectful. You must be punctual as this is a 24 hour business and you will be relieving your peers when you come on shift. Communicate well with your peers in order to provide a seamless experience for guests. Perform your job well and provide feedback to management on how to improve the work environment and the job itself.
The Guest Service Agent isn’t a physically demanding job, but you must be able to stand for long periods of time. Minor Housekeeping chores like sweeping, mopping and shovelling are expected and can be demanding in a larger area like the lobby. You may be asked to move items from room to room and must be physically able to move small furniture and appliance items.
Ensure that this is a safe and respectful work environment. Any kind of harassment, insensitivity or bias will not be tolerated. This is a very inclusive environment and the owners and management aim to keep a high standard and employee satisfaction. Rules and regulations in the Alberta Labour Laws must be upheld. Unsafe work practices are not tolerated.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $16.00 per hour
- customer service: 1 year (required)
About the Company
Company: Best Western Plus City Centre Inn –
Company Location: Edmonton, AB