Customer Ambassador Job in Dublin at Amigo Loans Ireland LTD
Who We Are
If someone’s got your back, Amigo can back you too.
At Amigo, we’re here for one simple reason. We just want to give people the chance to borrow.
So, we do things a little bit differently compared to the banks. We choose to trust customers based on their current situation, rather than their past, with the help of a guarantor.
If customers can comfortably afford the monthly repayments and have someone that’s got their back who meets our criteria, then we can back them too.
Overview of the Role
To deliver an exceptionally high standard of customer service at every stage of the customer journey – from initial contact through to servicing of the loan and any potential issues or queries along the way.
Due to the level of training required to handle more complex stages of the customer journey, roles and responsibilities will be extended as the Ambassador completes ongoing training, but will be asked to perform any or all of the following duties aligned to either underwriting (payout of loans), collections (repayments), or both.
1) Underwriting (Loan Payout)
- Review customer finances, following a structured (but friendly) process to ensure that customers have the information required to make a decision on proceeding with a loan that is affordable whilst adhering to Amigo’s responsible lending procedures;
- Take debit and credit card payments from customers and/or confirm bank details;
2) Collections (Loan Repayment)
- Provide first class customer service regarding repayment issues, customer payments, direct debit enquiries, early settlement of account and general loan enquiries in line with CBI guidelines, resolving or referring customer issues and disputes in a responsible and timely manner;
- Investigate cases to minimise the risk of overdue customer accounts; proactive in identifying the reason for customers’ accounts falling into arrears, contacting customers and agreeing payments and arrangements;
- Discuss customer’s finances, understanding their disposable monthly income and assessing their affordability on line with CBI guidelines to negotiate any realistic changes to repayment plans as required;
- Manage inbound and outbound customer calls and process requests, applications and resolve issues as they arise;
- Manage own customer base (Case List) in addition to handling inbound and outbound calls;
- Educate customers about our product(s), its benefits and how to apply for a loan;
- Ensure that customers understand how their loan works; talk to customers about their responsibilities and what they can expect from Amigo;
- Accurately set up loan applications in accordance with Amigo procedures.
- Managing customer issues efficiently and taking ownership in resolving them to a conclusion where appropriate;
- To further investigate customers when necessary to eliminate the possibility of fraud and provide support in the case of vulnerability;.
- Work effectively within a team to strive towards the achievement of goals and productivity targets and ensure that standards are upheld;
- To adapt and implement change through process change and personal feedback
- Adhere to all procedures (including Data Protection and customer security procedures) at all times Data Protection Act and company data security procedures to ensure the full protection of all customer and company data
- Knowing when to refer a possible fraud or vulnerability.
The role holder will have the following skills and personal attributes:
Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken. Able to talk to a diverse customer base on the ‘phone with the ability to write summary call notes when necessary. The ability to listen is essential.
- IT literate – able to use email, Word and Excel
- Able to multi-task with good organisational skills
- Able to cope under pressure in a target driven environment
- Comfortable working in a structured and process driven way so that we adhere to legislation and best practice guidelines
- Must be able to work as an effective team member
- Ideally had work experience in a customer focused business which could include retail, hospitality, telecommunications, utilities or financial services
Knowledge and Behaviours
- Open to constructive feedback
- Compassionate and good listener
- Very team focused – able to be selfless
- Positive attitude, optimistic and keen to learn and develop
- Competitive, ambitious and driven. Comfortable in a business where there are targets
- Minimum Leaving Certificate or equivalent including Maths and English (Passed)
Diversity & Inclusion
Amigo promotes an equal opportunities policy to ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, gender, race, disability, family status, civil status, religion, sexual orientation or membership of the Traveller community.
Applicants are assessed on their skills, experience, knowledge, behaviours and qualifications. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture which embraces diversity.
Application deadline: 30/9/2020
Expected start date: 5/10/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €25,000.00 per year
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
About the Company
Company: Amigo Loans Ireland LTD
Company Location: Dublin