Compliance Document Coordinator, Casino Accounting Job in Highland at San Manuel Casino
Under the supervision of the Quality Assurance Supervisor, the Compliance Document Coordinator assists the Quality Assurance Supervisor and Manager in the performance of a variety of technical, analytical and administrative support duties. The primary responsibility of the Compliance Document Coordinator is to facilitate the proper implementation and compliance with the enterprise, Privacy Information Management and Security (?PIMS?) program. A successful candidate works closely with representatives from each department and properly identifies records that meet retention criteria, apply proper naming convention and labeling, coordinates the storage and/or destruction of documents, and ensures adherence with requests for legal holds. The Compliance Document Coordinator must be detail-oriented and able to follow strict operations protocols. The individual selected for this role is expected to assist in championing the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that reflects and upholds the Tribal Community?s vision, mission and values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Review Privacy Information Management Security (PIMS) program expectations and make suggestions for policy changes as necessary.
2. Ability to understand, train and facilitate the proper implementation and compliance on the requirements of the PIMS program to departments enterprise-wide.
3. Ability to maintain the outmost confidentiality and security, while ensuring adherence with requests for legal holds.
4. Follow established classification scheme to properly identify records that meet retention criteria.
5. Enforce document storage and/or destruction retention periods per approved schedule,
6. Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- High school diploma required with some college course work preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working as a legal, medical, or accounting clerk.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience required indicated above.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite and aptitude for learning information systems.
- Must be motivated and eager to learn, a self?starter, a team player.
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanor in a fast paced environment.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver?s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company?s insurance carrier.
- Electronic Records Management (ERM), Certified Records Analyst (CRA), Certified Records Manager (CRM) and/or similar certification preferred.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
About the Company
Company: San Manuel Casino
Company Location: Highland
About San Manuel Casino
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!